If you are licensed follow these steps to get appointed with the following carriers. If you were appointed with the following carriers with a different IMO you’ll need to submit new contracting paperwork to have it changed to the FFL hierarchy and compensation schedule. Once you complete your contracting and submit it takes approximately 5 to 7 days. In certain cases, it may take longer.
It is recommended that after 3 to 5 days that you contact the carriers directly to make sure they received all the necessary information to complete the contracting and issue you a producer ID.
What you’ll need to complete the carrier appointment contract:
- copy of your resident insurance license
- copy of your E&O insurance. There are several places to get your E&O. Here’s one company. https://www.napa-benefits.org/errors-and-omissions
- copy of your AML (anit-money laundering) certificate that was completed in the past 12 months. Completing your AML course takes 20 minutes and can be completed with these companies. When registering for the course make sure to use your name exactly as it is on your insurance license.
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO COMPLETE
- https://knowledge.limra.com/LimraLogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f (When you receive your AIG agent ID then you can register for LIMRA AML course)
- copy of a voided check of where you want your commissions to be deposited to.